Pre Operative Directions
Anesthesia Day of Surgery Instructions
- No food or drink 8 hours prior to your appointment time.
- You may not drink alcohol or consume any recreational drugs for the two days preceding your procedure. Example, if your procedure is on a Friday, you cannot have any alcohol or recreational drugs Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- You cannot have any marijuana for the two days preceding your procedure.
- Do not wear contact lenses. No makeup.
- No flip flops or sandals.
- All piercings and jewelry from the neck up must be removed prior to the procedure.
- If you have long hair, please tie your hair to the side with a hairband.
- Nail polish must be removed from all fingers. Acrylic or artificial nails must also be removed.
- Please wear clothing with short sleeves or sleeves that allow access to the inside of the elbow.
- We must be able to apply tape onto your skin to secure the IV. You must shower the morning of the procedure. Do not use Vaseline or heavy moisturizers on your skin the morning of surgery.
- If you were instructed to furnish documents such as your health history, letter from your physician,an updated referral, then it is your responsibility to ensure our office receives these documents. Due to privacy concerns, it is difficult for our office to secure these documents from your physician/dentist.
- Please inform your doctor or office staff of any recent changes in your medical status (including colds, etc.)
- If you take prescription medications, you must take your medications with a small sip of water as instructed. If you do not take your medications, we will be unable to perform your procedure.
- All questions must be addressed during your consultation visit or a subsequent second consultation visit. The surgical appointment is designated for the procedure itself. If you have any additional questions, kindly contact our office to ensure questions are answered prior to your surgical appointment.
- If you have a question about your treatment plan, please contact your referring physician/ dentist. We perform surgery, but we are not involved in developing a treatment plan.
- Please have a responsible adult whom you know (at least 18 years of age) accompany you to your appointment. Your designated escort must be present prior to taking you back for your surgery. An adult must accompany you in order to leave the office. (You may not go home by yourself in a cab.)
- Please use the restroom prior to entering the treatment room.
- No cell phones during the procedure.
* If you normally take your blood pressure medication in the morning, please take 1 to 2 hours before your surgery time with a small sip of water.